Blogs > Lighten Up With Kenneth

Kenneth Kukral of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Some early observations....

As I continue on the path to losing weight I have a few observations:

 

-          Reading food labels is addicting.  Went food shopping this evening and looked at the food label on 75% of the items I “checked out”.  Many items I said to myself, it is not worth the calories and put the item back on the shelf.

-          My clothes fit better already.  As I gained the last 20 pounds over the past 6 months I swore I would not buy larger clothes.  They just got tighter and more uncomfortable.  As I lose weight I have a much wider choice of clothes in my closet to choose from.  This is already a boost for the self-confidence.

-          People are pulling for me.  Co-workers have included me in workouts and keep me focused on the long term goal.  Not only do I not want to let myself down, I don’t want to let them down.

-          I have trouble keeping up with the food tracking with weight watchers.  Need to take time every day to do it.

-          Having trouble getting the amount of water in daily that I should… need to find a creative way to get this accomplished

-          Trying to focus on getting more sleep… lack of sleep will not allow the body to recover and will hasten weight loss.

-          I actually feel better internally eating the “right stuff”.  Who would have thought it?

-          Having an office that is focused on “wellness” and losing weight is a big help….

 

Getting into it…. Will try and enjoy the ride…

 

Kenneth Kukral

Overweight Mentorite

(for now)

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home