Blogs > Lighten Up With Kenneth

Kenneth Kukral of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

All the support I can get - NEEDED!

As I travel along this weight loss journey I am learning the value of supportive friends and family.  I am truly realizing I DO need their help if I am going to be successful.  I can’t do this by myself.  Support has come in the form of:

 

-          Workout partners.  They push me much further than I would push myself and truly do want to see me succeed.  They push me to work out on days when I “don’t feel like it” and could easily just skip another workout.

-          My spouse.  She works with me to get the right foods to eat.  We shop together and she “talks me down” from bad purchases or enlightens me on how I could make better choices or substitute healthier items.  She also does much of the cooking and cooks the stuff that will be better for my diet.  She also helps me with potion control.

-          Friends.  After seeing the Lighten Up contest in the News Herald they have been cheering me on.  Asking me how I am doing and encourage me to do more.  They notice when my clothes fit better or I look like I lost weight and give me the recognition that helps motivate me.

-          Cabanas.  They have been a generous supporter and have menu choices that will help me stay on track.

-          Other participants in the contest.  They have an attitude that we are all in this together and sincerely want everyone to succeed.

 

I am a lucky person to have such support and I am very appreciative of it.  I don’t want to disappoint them and they are literally perched on my shoulder to look out for me and help guide me down a healthier lifestyle.

 

Kenneth Kukral

Thankful Loser (weight loss)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home