Blogs > Lighten Up With Kenneth

Kenneth Kukral of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Habits are hard to break

Starting as a child I was indoctrinated to the “clean plate club” and it has never left me.  I think I may have broken the chain with my children since they tend to bring home half their meal when they go to restaurants.  I am learning portion control and it is not easy figuring out that my stomach does not need to be “full” when I leave the table as long as I had a well-balanced meal.  I imagine this is why weight loss plans such as Nutri-system do well since you don’t even have to think about what you eat and how much.

 

My best solution at this time… eat more vegetables until I am full.  A half hour after I eat, my stomach doesn’t remember if it is full on bread or vegetables.  Eventually I need to learn potion control, but as I said, old habits are hard to break.

 

Kenneth Kukral

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home